Tuesday 19 February 2008

Birthday Girl

I made a card for my little niece who is 11 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESH!!

I used lilac and pink Dovecraft chalks to colour the
embossed card, but they are not showing too clearly here. With a craft knife and ruler, I cut 2 windows from the card front, around which I glued paper flowers from my stash.

I adhered pale pink vellum to the inside back and then added the silver peel off greeting and flower, lining them up with the windows. I then dipped a cocktail
stick in bright pink glitter glue and added it to the centre of the paper flowers and also used it to dot the letter 'i' in the greeting. As a finishing touch I added a pretty butterfly embellishment between the windows as shown in the close up.

8 comments:

LAZY-TROUT said...

Thats gorgeous!!! - love the little butterfly you have used its cute

Max said...

Thanks Donna ... I like the wee butterfly too.

Annie said...

Max you always do such clever variations on your work - I love the abundance of flowers on your card.

Just fabulous.

Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

That's very pretty Max!

Martine said...

really lovely card hun i love the paper flowers, i bet she was chuffed when she received it i know i would be, well done

SewDelish said...

Such a beautiful card. I'm sure your niece will love it!

Yvonne Randall said...

Lovely colours Max. What a fab way to use those flowers. Now where are mine?
Thanks for all the compliments about my work too. Much appreciated.

Cass said...

What a really pretty card. I love butterflies... and flowers. Great colour combination as well.

Cassidy