Sunday 20 April 2008

Floral Simplicity

I was lucky enough to grab a little playtime yesterday afternoon and managed to produce 3 simple floral cards.

Now don't get excited ... they are the simplest of simple but my little craving for some craft time was satisfied and I feel better for having made something this week. Hurrah!!

This first one was made using some freebies from a magazine.



I dabbled with doodling my own swirls and fake stitching on this second one.

As you can see there is definitely room for improvement but it was quite therapeutic to do.
The chipboard retro flowers were from a kit I think.





This last offering is one of my early attempts at decoupage and although I like the image I know I should've curled the edges for a more professional finish.
Slap my fingers ... I will remember the next time.

My favourite part of this card is the material square ... the turquoise area feels like velvet and is very tactile. I took a close up to show what I mean.

6 comments:

Annie said...

hI Max - glad you have managed to find some creative time in amongst your new job!!! love that tactile fabric!
My fave card is the middle one - it's a sort of simple design but very effective.

Ann xxx

Twiggy said...

Lovely cards hun and fabtastic RAK, lucky lady :)
Twiggy x

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Great blog Max and gorgeous cards :)

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog :)

Cheers ears

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Ooops, 4got to say I have just added you to my crafty links.

Cheers ears :)

Unknown said...

They are lovely fresh cards, I have no patience with decoupage at all, so am very admiring....and what a lovely RAK you receieved too :-)

Unknown said...

Wow they are gorgeous cards!