Thursday 4 December 2008

Blitzen Cards

I found time this morning to make another couple of Christmas cards ... don't faint!

The Blitzen In A Blizzard stamp is one I bought from a sale bin several weeks ago when out and about with my wee friend Maggie 50 and it made me smile, but this is the first chance I've had to play with it.
I stamped with white ink on black card and then added white embossing powder before heating with a heat gun.
The background card is from DCWV "All Dressed Up" stack and the message is from a Serendipity Christmas stamp set. Not quite sure what went wrong with the silver glitter ... it went a wee bit runny and spreadable.
Talking about blizzards ... we were forecast a severe weather warning for last night and Naomi was really looking forward to the promised whiteout !
Instead we got the Big Thaw LOL!
One day they'll get it right.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Great card Max - love the white on black - very striking.

Ann xxx

Sequin Bead said...

Both cards are just gogeous Max hunny, love how you have used just black and white.

natalie x

Irene said...

A very ususual card, but I love it.
The black and white is so classy.

luv
irene

tiggertastic said...

I love these cards, they are so dramatic. Excellent stamping and layouts

sarah x

Tracy said...

Fantastic max you have been busy..
hahah your right about the weatherman getting it wrong max,was hoping to get the day off school too,humph..oh well soon be christmas.
tracy xxx