Tuesday 17 March 2009

Pink Elephant Challenge 6

Just to avoid a possible repeat of last week's near miss, here's my entry for The Pink Elephant Challenge. Can't believe it's already Challenge No.6 ... the theme this time is Buttons.
As you can see, I have been really daring with my use of buttons ... hahahahahahahaha ... NOT!
One poor, solitary 'lickle' button ... can you see it on top of the lace, halfway down the left hand side, all on it's lonesome ? Just a little knot of ribbon for company.
Actually I'm not even sure it deserves to be classed as an entry 'cos it's not buttonS... but no worries.
Just so happens I'm waiting for a delivery of buttons ... but they haven't arrived yet ... isn't that typical?

I've used K.& Co. papers again mainly because they were handy, (but regular readers know how much I like them), and good old reliable gold mirri card was used for matting the layers. Decorative scissors were used for the scalloped edges.

The laser cut lace is from a HOTP card book and pearl pens were used for the ribbon decoration.
Gold Peel Offs offer the most simple of messages ... not very exciting really is it?

11 comments:

Robin said...

Great card Max!! I am adding you to mrlinky now!! Thanks for joining us at TPE again this week!
Robin
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

The Pink Elephant said...

So elegant and pretty!!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

Happy Stamping,
LORi BOYD
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

RDRD4 said...

What a WONDERFUL card.

iReneM said...

Oh, Max, this is wonderful!!!!
That laser lace is to die for and I so love your choice of colour
Fantastic design altogether
Thanks for your visit and nice comment :-)

x

Susie Little said...

great card Max, and thanks for the link to the new challenge after all there can never be too many!
oh theres a little something in the post for you and I bought a whip too just to stop him chewing through the handcuffs! LOL
Susie xxx

Annie said...

It's a very classy card Max and remember that old saying 'Feel the quality not the width' or something like that which in this case translates as 'There may be only one button but wow what a button!"

Shhhhhhhhh there was only one on my card too (I meant there to be more but they wouldn't fit!!)

Thanks so much for taking part every week - I too can't believe it's week 6 at the Pink Elephant.
Don't forget the Easter Blog Hop this weekend - lots of prizes and loads of other good stuff going on.
Do you think you could let your Craft's Beautiful Buddies know for me? You're a star.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Susan.... said...

l love that card Max..love the design and colours..l am going to have a peek at the The Pink Elephant challenge...wish l had more hours in my day!..would love to join in..
Hugs
Susan (saramar) CB forum X

Beth aka BR-T said...

Your card is so refined & beautiful! BR-T

Max said...

Ooooh Ann ... I haven't logged into CB forum for ages. *blush* ... how awful am I?

Tasha said...

Another stunning card
love tasha xx

Irene said...

Another stunner, its gorgeous. Do I detect a little lace ???

Fantastic card.

luv
irene
xxxx