Friday 5 June 2009

Lazy Days

That expression doesn't apply to my life at the moment, in fact the opposite is true ... HOWEVER it is the title of this fabby Penny Black hedgie stamp which was one of a gazillion images received in a RAK recently from a very kind and special friend ... you know who you are.

He is coloured with Whispers Brush Markers and then I swiped the edge of the card with a blue Brilliance Dew Drop Pearlescent Ink Pad ... (these pads really do have a lovely sheen when dry by the way) ... before matting it onto pink cardstock which was also edged with an inkpad.

The blue base card was trimmed down the front edge and then embossed with Cuttlebug's Birds and Swirls folder.
A pink Brilliance Dew Drop Pearlescent Ink Pad was lightly swiped across the embossing and around the edges of the front to emphasise them a bit.
A strip of matching pink cardstock was embossed with a flower border and inked before being mounted on foam pads and stuck to the inside back.
3 dinky blue buttons serve as the centres for the flowers.
The sentiment was cut from a sheet of backing paper (I think it was Claire Curd's Signature Range), matted onto a small piece of pink card and then added underneath the image.

This is my entry for The Pink Elephant Challenge, which this week is a Recipe.
I've never followed a card recipe before so this was a 1st for me but I think I have all the ingredients ...
3 buttons
, 2 layers and 1 sentiment.
I'm just pleased to have found time this week to make something to show.

Thanks for visiting and if you have time to leave a comment then that would be very much appreciated.

14 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

gorgeous card,
Hugs
Angie

Annie said...

Oh Max you are a star finding time to enter our challenge. Great card - love all the effects you've achieved with the ink pad swiping.

Ann xxx

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous card Max - love your colouring and thats such a cute image
have a great weekend
xx

Susan.... said...

Hi Max,
Thats a beautiful card, and good luck with the challenge..
Thanks for the info about the ink pads,l will bare that in mind...
Hope you and the family are all well.At the moment l am rather like you,so tired up with other things at the moment...but l like to try and visit all my lovely friends ! so here l am !
Hugs
susan x

jackiescrafts said...

Hi Max,
I love this card it's really cute. Thanks for the info on the ink pads I've been wondering about getting some of these for a while, well definitely get some now, next time I have some spare cash

Anonymous said...

Oh Max this is SO cute!!

dragonflyjoy said...

Great card Max. I have used this Penny Black image a few times and love it but had not thought of using the cuttlebug embossed background before so yet another idea I've pinched from someone's blog :-) hope you don't mind. I have tried swiping an ink pad over an embossed image but not much success. Think I used the wrong sort of ink pad so will try again.

Love and hugs
Joyce xx

Sam said...

Fab card Max, love the hedgie. He's so cute!!!
Take Care babes
Sam x

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Hello Auntie Max!

What a cute little Hedge Hog!
Well Done my Friend!
Love it!!!

Hugs,

Dorothy

Fern said...

Gorgeous card!
Lovely colours and fab iumage.
Love the distressed look.

Fern xx

jude said...

Max stunning entry for the challenge wish you good luck.Love the image and soft tones youve used .Hope life starts to calm down a bit for you soon
hugs judex

Kathryn said...

Such a SWEET card -- I need to get me some of those hedgie stamps -- they are sooo cute!
Great job!

Your website is fabulous! :)

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Max and perfect for our challenge!
Love the new look blog too! Thanks for playing along with us :)

Hugs
Carol x

LORi said...

Super Pretty!!!!