Monday 31 August 2009

Golden Wedding Card Album

This project was made for my husband's Aunt and Uncle who celebrated their 50th Anniversary this month.

I was asked several months ago if I could make a special keepsake card to send across the water to them in Australia and if possible, include photographs of all the family members back here in UK.
When I didn't hear anything more about it over the next few weeks I presumed the idea had been shelved.

Then, last week I was handed envelopes with photographs ... and bits of photographs which had been diced and sliced to within an inch of their lives ... or in some cases a centimetre!!
Not exactly ideal to work with but I did my best.

After an initial panic attack, wondering what I could possibly do quickly that would look half decent, I came up with this gatefold card which opens to show one of their original wedding photographs and is deep enough to hold an accordian album containing all the family photos I was given.
Both sides of each page shows a different family member or family group and I used a combination of punches and nestabilities to create gold frames in an attempt to disguise the uneven scissorwork.
**I have blurred the images so as not to upset anyone by plastering their faces for all to see without permission, but you will get the gist of what I've done.**

The matching box and gift card were made from gold mirri card with paper roses and feathers tied with ribbon providing a little decoration.
Bearing in mind the postage costs, I had to make sure it wasn't too heavily decorated.

Hopefully it will be well on it's way by now and will arrive safely in plenty of time for them returning from their holiday in mid September.


As this is a keepsake album and box I'm hoping it will qualify for entry at Truly Scrumptious Challenge #14 where they are asking for anything but a card ... but that may be pushing the boundaries a bit.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! nothing more to say

Love Dawn xx

Irene said...

Hello Max

I am totally gobsmacked by your card and box, they are so beautiful and will be treasured forever.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

I'm speechless Max this is just gorgeous - I would have thrown a right wobbly given so little time and uneven photos. My goodness you have done an amazing job.

Ann xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi - What a fabulous card and box. The recipients will be over the moon when they receive it. Love the little concertina card, and I think you did an amazing job.
Sylvia xx

camcraft said...

Oh Max. I so love the card/album. Ingenious! I can only imagine that there will not be a dry eye when the card/album is opened. It is just goregous and so, so thoughtful in every way!!!!
Carole x

Anonymous said...

OMG...
Max this is stunning work hun, what a gorgeous keepsake, just simply beautiful. well done you.
Hugs Angel

jackiescrafts said...

max this is just gorgeous, I'm sure they will love it

Hugs Jackie x

dragonflyjoy said...

Oh Max, it's gorgeous and so unusual. A lot of hard work has gone into making this card and I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled. What a wonderful surprise and a keepsake for them to treasure.

love
Joyce xx

Dawn said...

Beautiful and what a wonderful gift for the folks in Oz.. great project

thanks for sharing with us on TS

Dawn

Anne said...

wow Max, this is beautiful.
It'll be treasured for ever of that I'm sure.
Anne x

Crafting Queen said...

Amazing project, they will love it. Anesha