Monday 25 January 2010

Gold'n'Sentiment

Following Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenge again this week meant using 'Gold' - in one form or another - and a sentiment.


My take on this was to play safe and use gold mirri card - not very adventurous of me I know 'cos I use it all the time - but just so's you don't think I'm too boring, I opted to make a zig zag card.
Makes it a little bit more interesting don't you think?


The background papers are all matted onto panels of gold mirri card, leaving a narrow border and then attached to the card blank. 
I thought the Merry Christmas section made a nice contrast to the gold leafy patterned paper.

The sentiment, from Hot Off The Press Christmas Paper Stack,  was embossed with holographic embossing powder before matting onto gold mirri card tag shapes. 
It really glistens beautifully when the light catches it.

I was itching to use my new Cuttlebug Christmas tree folder which arrived the other day, so cut a strip of gold mirri card to decorate the back panel - I just love those trees and will probably wear that folder out this year.


Not much more to say really except that's another card for the 2010 Festive Stash ...  that's got to be good hasn't it?

8 comments:

Fab said...

wow gorgeous ! X Fab

Annie said...

wowzer Max this is soooooooooooooooooooo brilliant. I love your combination of papers and that sentiment is fabulous. Good to see you got your folders. Irene made me order them - honest. I can't wait till they arrive.
Ann xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Max
Your cards are beautiful,
hugs Dianne xx

dragonflyjoy said...

Love the gold Christmas Tree Cuttlebug card Max - well, loved the whole zig-zag card it looks so rich - is the C. tree folder a new one out as I haven't seen it advertised. Still have some Christmas/birthday money to spend and, like you, love the tree folder.

Have not made any cards recently. Not been too good so giving it a rest.

love and hugs

Joyce xx

Tasha said...

Stunning card Max, love the paper you have used and the sentiment. I love the shape of this card
love tasha xx

jude said...

Max this is gorgeous and very elegant hun.Papers are lovely too!
Hope your well hugs judex

tiggertastic said...

wow and double wow this is classy, i love it make, very stunning make
sarah xx

Irene said...

Morning Max

This is gorgeous and beautiful, did you mention NEW Cuttlebug folders!!!!! oh you little tinker.

luv
irene
xxxx