Wednesday 17 February 2010

Ribbons, Tags and Poinsettias

I'm feeling quite chuffed that I managed to get both these cards done for Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenges as it's all been a bit manic at 'Chez Lawson' this week with horses and bowling and birthdays and stuff. 
But I'm now up to date so I can pop over there with my head held high ... well until next week anyway.

Challenge #6 was to use 3 different Ribbons and Tags and without hesitation I reached for my good old faithful HOTP Ultimate Christmas Stack
I knew I would find papers and tags in there no problem and it was a simple case of matting and layering with some coffee coloured cardstock onto a cream textured blank to give a good base card. 
The 3 different, (but matching), ribbons were a slightly more difficult challenge, until I remembered that I could colour plain white ribbon with promarkers ... so thank you Burnt Umber and Terracotta ... the gold text ribbon is from Anita's.

Challenge #7 - Poinsettias and White Space, proved more testing - especially the white space bit - I'm afraid I couldn't resist adding some red.
The 3D bird house and poinsettia image comes from a 3D die cut decoupage book that I bought ages ago from C+C, (obviously that was before knowing how much I would dislike doing decoupage), but it comes in handy sometimes.  The images are really glossy and there are loads of layers ...  LOOK!
  ... so it gives great dimension and looks quite impressive on display. 
Now I must rush as I have a birthday card to make for my wee brother before tomorrow and one for my niece for Friday when she becomes a teenager - EEEK!  ALREADY!    Sadly, I'm going to miss the celebrations ... but more about that exciting ... and slightly skeeeeery ... news later!

6 comments:

Fab said...

Gorgeous cards ! I can't pick a favourite. X Fab

tracy said...

fab cards both of them love the poinsettia
lol tracy xx

dragonflyjoy said...

Loved the cards Max especially the tags one and the decoupaged one. That was beautiful. As you know I went to D. classes but now cheat and don't always use all layers suggested as they are not always necessary.
Haven't heard of the HOTP stack pad before. Looks good.

love and stuff

Joyce xx

jackiescrafts said...

Gorgeous cards Maxine, I love them both
Hugs Jackie x

Annie said...

your red and white poinsettia card is just fabulous, I love the embossing and the dimension!
hugs, annie x

Irene said...

Morning Max

Oh Wow what fabulous cards, I just love your Poinsettia, and the cuttling gorgeous.

ONE MORE SLEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv
irene
xxxx