Thursday 11 February 2010

Valentine Wishes

I decided to try something a little different this year and make my husband's Valentine card using Anna Griffin paper - probably not the most obvious choice for a man, as she is reknowned for very feminine designs. 
However as I decided on a black and white colour scheme, I think it just about works.  Fingers crossed that he likes it although he won't actually see it until 22nd Feb.  Work commitments mean he will miss the Lurrrrve Day altogether.  Shame ... but never mind.
As you can see it is yet another easel card but this time I have made the front upstand section in the shape of a scalloped heart - just to be a bit different and to save you getting bored.
The small hearts are punched from silver mirri card and adhesive gems are added for a little sparkly accent.

I used a cuttlebug embossing border on a strip of black card and then highlighted the text with silver embossing powder.  As you will see if you look closely, there were a few stray flecks that I missed but let's pretend that the spatter effect was deliberate.
The stamped sentiment across the base panel is a Docrafts stamp which was also embossed with silver and it reads ..."From My Heart To Yours".

Sheeesh ... am I a romantic or what?

Talking of romantic ... there are several love themed challenges to choose from in blogland this week, but I decided to enter just a couple ... or three ... or ... hang on ...  make that four!

Challenge #53 over at The Pink Elephant is 'Mushy Gushy Valentine' so although my effort is probably a bit lacking in both the mushy and the gushy stuff, I think it'll do.
Challenge #78 at My Time To Craft is 'Hearts and Kisses' so it definitely qualifies for that one - loads'a hearts.
Our Creative Corner have a Masculine Valentine theme and Creative Card Crew are all 'loved up' with their latest Challenge #44 being Valentines.

That'll do methinks - don't want to overdo it.
Hope you all enjoy sharing a wonderful Valentine's Day with a special someone in your life ... but if you don't have a special someone then just make sure you treat yourself.  You deserve it!

10 comments:

jude said...

Max ,Thisn is beautiful; love the paper and the way youve used the heart as the card to stand.Good luck for all your challenges .Hope your well hugs judex:)

Pat said...

Stunning card, love the black and white, I'm sure your hubby will love it. Thanks for joining in at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Beryl said...

This is fab-u-lous. Fantastic design.
Beryl xx

Trudi said...

Very pretty Max! Love the black & white. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

Irene said...

Fabulous card Max I am sure Jim will be thrilled.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

Tried to comment on this yesterday Max and my computer had a funny turn - it was uploading updates without my permission - little tinker. Anyway so impressed with this - it's a wowza of a card.
Lucky Jimmy.
Ann xxx

Lesley said...

Great card, the black and white works very well! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful masculine Valentine! I think your paper choice is perfect. Love the black and white and the way you embossed the cuttlebug stip is wonderful. Terrific job on the challenges. So happy you could join in the fun with Our Creative Corner and Creative Card Crew.

Pauline C said...

Very stylish card for a man - love the black 7 white coloru scheme. Thanks for joining in the Creative Card Crew Challenge this time.
Pauline x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Fantastic! Beautiful job! Thanks for playing at CCC!

Janna :)