Friday 3 June 2011

Bah! Humbug! Challenge 22

It's 'Flaming June' and the sun is shining on this beautiful Friday morning. Over at Bah! Humbug! Challenges it's always Christmas and we have another terrific theme this week - Surprise! Surprise!!  
For my DT submission I decided to attempt an Easel Card with Drawer to create a card and gift in one fell swoop!  I found video instructions HERE and set to work with gusto ... well ... I set to work at least lol!
I made up the easel card using Smirk Christmas papers, which were already glittered and good old reliable silver mirri card for matting. 
The drawer was super easy to make and I even wrapped pretty purple ribbon around it before securing with a brad.  This not only looks nice but has the added advantage of holding it together if you're not too confident that your glue will stick ... tee hee.  
Then, I got into a bit of a guddle making the wraparound base.  UH OH!  Due to 'user error' rather than inadequate instructions, I hasten to add, as everyone knows that concentration is not my strong point.   Anyway, I managed to make it all fit eventually and have convinced myself that no one will notice the teeth marks unless they look closely.  *snigger*
So there you are ... FINISHED!    JOB DONE!
You'll be pleased to hear that we have 2 surprise new Guest Designers staying with us at Humbug Hall but I can't tell you who they are ... it's a SURPRISE!   Hahahahaha!   They have created fantastic projects to show off for this week's challenge so I suggest you hotfoot it over there PDQ.  
There's also a fabby-licious Prize up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected entry, to mark the 1st challenge of a new month and you definitely wouldn't want to miss out, so grab your bits'n'bobs and head over for a looksee before joining in the fun.  G'aaaaannnnn ... You know you want to!

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Lovely card Max, I'm going check out that tutorial!
Sandra

Aquarius said...

What a great idea for a gift and card in one - I've made these and they come in for all sorts of occasions.

Purple Crazy said...

I almost did one in this style too. I love it, hugs Wendy xx

Annie said...

oh my goodness Max how clever are you? This is just gorgeous.
Ann xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Max, I HAVE to try this out! What a fab card and then to have a "surprise" drawer. WooHoo! Love it! xxD

Christine said...

WOW Max, this is a fabulous idea, would never have thought of having an easel card with a box. Must blog hop more to see what is about.
Both you and Ann are a super team and thanks for asking me to be your GDT at Humbug Hall. I am so thrilled.
Back to your 'surprise', guess you knew that both Wendy and myself are 'purple' fanatics.
Hugs
Christine xx

camcraft said...

Oh My Lordy .. love it Max. Such detail, so pretty. I have never yet made an easel card with a drawer .. it is most definately now much more high up on my list.
Carole x

Pink Dandelion said...

Another great challenge this week, although I am now driving everyone mad singing Cilla Black lol. This is fab Max, I'll have to check out the tutorial. Take Care Debs xx

Carol said...

Fabby combination of a card and gift - I've seen a few of these lately and wondered how they were done so thanks for pointing out the instructions. Carol x

Tasha said...

Wow what an awesome design. I love the glittered tree and the fab colours
love tasha xx