Thursday 11 April 2013

Spots ... and My First ...

... Christmas card this year.
Yes!  Seriously!

 For 2 years my good friend Ann and myself were responsible for running weekly challenges over at Bah Humbug Christmas Challenge blog so having a wee stock pile of Christmas cards ready and waiting to be written when December came around, wasn't a problem.  When we originally closed Humbug Hall, as it was affectionately known, in 2011, the intention was to continue joining in with other Christmas card challenges without the pressure of forward planning, deadlines etc ... but unfortunately that didn't actually happen.  As a result and to my acute embarrassment, many of my friends and family received shop bought cards last year.  Shocking I know!  I'd prefer not to be in a similar position this year so am making a start now ... which is already quite late compared to some people believe me!
Winter Wonderland is one of the challenge blogs where I used to enjoy playing so thought I'd start off there and see how it goes.  Their current challenge is 'Lots of Spots' and I just about have time to get my entry in before the deadline. 

Keeping things simple seemed like a good idea, so a DL card blank is covered with spotty snowflake paper ... a square of textured card mounted on foam pads is placed near the top onto which is glued a smaller square of embossed silver mirri card ... and to top it all off, a chipboard snowflake, which has been inked and glittered to within an inch of it's life, is adhered with silicon glue.
  

There you have it ... no greeting ... no ribbons ... no fancy bells and whistles, just a snowflake and some pretty paper.
Am also going to submit my card for entry at 

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes
Now I can pat myself on the back and head for bed knowing that, unlike last year, my Xmas card stash isn't non-existent.

4 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

A beautiful creation and love the use of the dots, thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

cotnob said...

This is a lovely Christmas card, fabulous colour choice.
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Pauline
x

Sarn said...

Well you can always join in with my Rudolph Day challenge that starts on 25th of each month and runs until the last day of the month, if you like!

Lovely non-traditionally coloured card here Max.

Hugs
Sarn
xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful card - very elegant.

Thanks for joining CHNC.

Helen x
(GDT Member)